Saturday, June 10, 2006
Power Vegetables In A Drink
- 6 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or oil
- Beat eggs slightly until yolks and white are broken. Add seasonings and mix well. Heat oil in skillet until melted and hot enough to sizzle when a drop of egg is added. Ad egg, reduce heat and cook slowly, stirring eggs form the bottom as they become firm and cooked (but not dry) throughout. Makes 4 servings.
- Cheese add ½ to ¾ cup grated cheese before cooking, or add ¾ to 1 cup cottage cheese and 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped tiny green onions when they begin to thicken slightly. Finish cooking.
- Crouton – Sauté small bread cubes in margarine until light brown crisp. Add to scramble eggs.
- Curried – add 1 to 4 tablespoons (according to taste) curry powder to eggs mixture. Serve on toast or biscuits.
- Cooked Vegetables – add ¾ cup any cooked vegetables desired.
- Gluten or Tokwa – add ¾ cup diced gluten, tokwa or other meat substitute to eggs mixture before cooking.
- Mushroom – add 1/3-cup mushroom soup to eggs mixture or ½ cup sautéed mushrooms.
Onion and Parsley – by adding a little onion juice (make by rubbing onion over a fine grater) and finely chopped parsley, a delightfully different flavor will be noted.
- Potato – make a depression in stuffed baked potato and fill with scramble eggs.
- Spanish eggs – cook chopped green pepper and pimiento with equal part of chili sauce and grated cheese in butter about 5 minutes. Add to eggs before cooking.
- Unusual scramble eggs – ½ cup thick sour cream. Add ½ teaspoon tumeric powder mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Beat well before adding to eggs mixture.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]