Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Baked Eggs on Spanish Rice
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 ½ cups cooked or canned tomatoes
- ½ small onion, sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon vetsin
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- ½ cup buttered breadcrumbs
- Cook the rice. Simmer tomatoes, onion, salt and vetsin, for ten minutes. Put through strainer, pressing through as much as pulp as possible.
- Blend flour and butter in saucepan, add tomatoes, stirring constantly. Cook till thickened.
- Arrange layer of rice in greased casserole and make 6 depressions in rice.
- Open and drop an uncooked egg into each depression. Pour tomato sauce over all and sprinkle with cheese and buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F) until eggs are firm, about 15 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Old Mac Donald Macaroni:
- 1 (pkg 200gm) elbow macaroni (cook per pkg. direction)
- ¼ cup ground pork or beef
- ½ cup corn kernels (canned or grated fresh corn 1 pc.
- 1 cans (350g.)Del Monte sweet style Spaghetti sauce
- 1 small (25g.) green bell pepper (diced)
- Saute pork or beef in 1 teablespoon oil until light brown. Add corn, 1/3 cup water and Del Monte Sweet Style Spaghetti Sauce.
- Season with ¼ teaspoon rock salt; Simmer for 3 minutes Add bell pepper. Pour over or mix with cooked macaroni. Top with grated cheese if desired.
Monday, January 16, 2006
- 2 cups papaya (wedges)
- 2 pcs avocadoes (cut into wedges)
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 pcs tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- ¼ kilo shrimp (streamed, shelled and drained)
- Combine ingredients for dressing and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss fruits in pineapple juice; drain and arrange on a bed of lettuce together with tomatoes.
- Top with shrimps and serve chilled with dressing.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
- 1 medium (200g) radish pared and sliced thinly
- 1 large (600g) dalagang bukid (or any lean fish) filleted and cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup Del Monte Vinegar
- 1 large (100g) red onion, chopped
- 2 pcs silling haba, seeded and slices
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pc siling labuyo, seeded and chopped
- Rinse and squeeze radish. Set aside
- Soak fish in 1/3 cup Del Monte Vinegar for 30 minutes, drain.Add the remaining Del Monte vinegar and the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with 2 teaspoons rock salt and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Mix thoroughly, and then chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Radish serves as extender to fish
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
- 2 bunches Kangkong leaves (separated)
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup flour (dissolved in ¾ cup water)
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup Del Monte Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons patis
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- Beat egg white until stiff. Add dissolved flour and seasoning. Mix until smooth.
- Coat each kangkong leaf with the mixture. Fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Vinegar dip.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake well, can be serving with other food.
Like (a) chicharon,(b) fish crackers,(c) fried tokwa,(d) lumpia vegetables,(e) lumpia shanghai.
Friday, January 06, 2006
- ½ kilo left over lechon (cut into serving pieces)
- ¼ cup Del Monte Vinegar
- ¾ cup left over lechon sauce (liver sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, (crushed)
- 1 medium onion,(sliced)
- 1 pcs. Bay leaf
- 5 pcs. Pepper corn
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole. Add ½ cup water. Season with 2 teaspoon rock salt and 1 teablespoon sugar. Stir. Allow to boil then simmer for 30 minutes
- For best results serve the next day. If needed immediately, let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Pork with Bagoong
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teablespoon ginger, cut into strips
- 350 gm. Pork pique, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons Bagoon Alamang
- 1 cans (140gm) Del Monte tomato sauce
- 4 cups Malungay leaves
- Saute garlic, onion, ginger, pork and Bagoong Alamang, cook for 5 minutes, and add 1 cup water and Del Monte, tomato sauce cook for 10 minutes
- Add Malungay, cook for 2 minutes.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]