Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Yellow Corn Roll
- 4 cups yellow corn
- 2 pieces young coconut, grated fine
- Sugar as desired
- ½ cup skim milk (maybe omitted)
- 1-cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. Margarine
- Cinnamon or any desired flavoring
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until thick and sticky.
- Wrap in young banana leaves that have blanched.
Monday, March 28, 2005
- 1/3-kilo gluten
- 4 pieces ripe bananas (SABA)
- 1 piece carrot cut in pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pieces onions, quartered
- 2 pieces red sweet pepper, peeled
- 1 piece bay leaf
- ½ cup calamansi juice
- Salt to taste
- 1-teaspoon vetsin
- Fry the gluten until golden brown. Cut bananas crosswise into 1-centimeter pieces. Fry until brown and set aside.
- To the gluten, add onions, bay leaf, salt and vetsin to taste, when the oil sizzles add calamansi juice and enough water to cover.
- Let boil 5 minutes and then reduce heat. Add carrots and quartered peppers. Continue cooking until vegetables are done and the sauce is of desired consistency. Serve hot.
Ampalaya with Coconut Milk
- 1 coconut
- 3 medium-sized ampalaya
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon vetsin
- Wash ampalaya well and slice into ¾ inch squares after removing seeds.
- Do not wash after slicing. Extract milk from coconuts, using 2 cups water.
- Cook coconut milk with crushed garlic cloves. As soon it begins to form, add ampalaya.
- Continue cooking with out stirring, until ampalaya is just crisp and tender.
Proceed to Philippine Destination
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]