Thursday, November 10, 2005
Arroz a la Valenciana
- 1-cup cooked malagkit
- 2-cups cooked rice
- 1-cup mushroom, sliced
- 1-cup garbanzos
- 1-cup gisantes
- 2-cups fried sliced gluten
- 1-box spaghetti, cut in pieces and boiled
- 1-can pimiento, sliced
- 1-cup tomato sauce plus ½ can stock or water
- 2-tablespoons onions, minced
- 1-tespoon sages, optional
- 2-teaspoons vetsin
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced or quartered
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons oil. Add tomato sauce and pimientos, cook in a few minutes, and add mushroom, gluten, garbanzos and peas.
- Season with salt, vetsin and sage. Mix well and cook 5 minutes, then add rice and spaghetti. Mix very well. Garnish with eggs, pimientos and green onions.
From the Book of Best Recipe for the Home
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Arroz a la Filipina
- 1-cup boiled malagkit
- 1-cup boiled rice
- 1-cup sliced gluten
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Small onion, sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 mediums sized green pepper, cut into strips
- 1-small package raisins
- 1-hard cooked egg
- 2 tablespoons atsuwete, soaked in small amount of water
- Salt to taste
- 1-teaspoon vetsin
- Saute the garlic, onion, tomatoes and gluten. Add salt and vetsin to taste. Add sliced pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add atsuwete water for coloring, then boiled rice, malagkit and raisins. Stir mixture from time to time to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking on a low heat. Garnish with slices of hard cooked eggs and red and green pepper.
From the book of Bst Recipe for the Home
Thursday, November 03, 2005
- 3 cups labong, minced and blanced
- 1 cup minced gluten or tokwa
- 5-segment garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons kalamansi juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2/3-cup gluten stock or soy sauce-water mixture
- 5 tablespoons oil
- Brown garlic and onion in oil. Add gluten or tokwa. Continue cooking mixture in oil, stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce and labong. Simmer until labong is cooked. Gluten stock may be added at this point if labong in not yet done.
- Add kalamansi juice and continue simmering until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Add oil and continue about 6 minutes more. Season to taste.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]